Vernon's Professional Personal Development Martial Arts StudioJANUARY 2015
Date Night Fund Raiser
We will be hosting a date night on Saturday, February 14th right here at the dojo. Drop your kids off from 5 – 8pm and take your sweetheart out for dinner or to a show. Only 50 spots available so don’t wait! All proceeds will go to the Okinawa 2015 pilgrimage.
Cost: $50 (includes pizza, karate games & all the fun you can handle!)
JANUARY IS FITNESS MONTH!
Work off those Christmas treats and start 2015 off with a bang. Come to the dojo prepared to sweat, sweat, and sweat some more!!
Happy Birthday in January
Seth Goldenberg; Nicolas McDougall; Connor Perrier; Gus Hansen; Adam Beckett; Emily McDougall; Nicole Arbuckle
Thank you to everyone
that participated in our Kama Seminar Fund Raiser for Anakin (of our Powell River dojo). If you participated at the seminar please see Sempai Sue to sign Anakin’s card. If you were not able to attend the seminar but would like to sign your "best wishes", just drop a donation in the jar (minimum donation of $1) and it will be added to our efforts and donated to Anakin and his family.
The next belt testing
will be held In February.
Keep on working hard and remember Black Belt is our goal!
Dojo Shiai coming in February!
The dojo will be hosting a Shiai on Saturday, February 21st from 1:30 – 8:00 pm in the Dogwood Gym at the Vernon Rec Centre.
This is a great chance for students to try their hand at some fun competition in a safe environment. All students are eligible to participate and the registration forms will be available shortly. The divisions will consist of kata, weapons and sparring. We will need volunteers for the scoring tables as well as Black Belt volunteers for judging. Please speak with Sempai Sue if you are available to help.
January 16th & 30th and February 13th & 27th
Please see Sempai Sue to pay your fees prior to our first class. At this time we will not be starting a new beginner’s class.
Leadership Team Practice
Leadership Team practice will be held on Friday, January 16th from 4:30 – 5:50pm. Please come prepared with all of your gear. These practices are not open for viewing.
We are looking for sponsors for our Dojo Shiai coming in February 2015. If you or your company would like to help out please speak with Sensei. Support your dojo and get great exposure for your company, WIN, WIN!
Tournament Team InformationA and B Team $250.00 annual fee includes:
- Two (2) four hour practices with Sensei Clayton (will be held on the coast) 1st practice: March 14th at the Chilliwack dojo, 2nd practice: TBA
- Three (3) two hour practices with Sensei Harper
- CKO Annual Membership
- C Team $150.00 annual fee includes:
- One (1) four hour practice with Sensei Clayton (March 14th at the Chilliwack dojo)
- One (1) two hour practice with Sensei Harper
- One (1) two hour practice (with A & B team members) with Sensei Harper
- CKO Annual Membership
D Team Members consist of all students that participate in both the Dojo Shiai and the Battle of the Dojo’s. If you do well at both of these tournaments you will be eligible to join the C Team and annual fees will apply.
The above will take effect immediately for the 2015 calendar year. If you have any questions please speak with Sensei.
- February 21st - Vernon Dojo Shiai
- March 14th - CKO Practice in Chilliwack (Teams A, B and C)
- April - AAU Regional District Qualifier (Washington, USA)
- May 2nd - Battle of the Dojo’s held right here in Vernon
- June 6th - Windsor Tournament (Windsor, Ontario)
- September 26th - BC CKO Championship Qualifier in Vancouver (for Italy 2016)